Apply for Residency
Open Wabi seeks to bring together a diverse group of artists, working in any medium, interested in furthering their personal practice and networking with other artists from around the world.
Awards will be made to those, who in the exclusive opinion of the jury, have submitted the best work. Apply by the priority deadline date to increase the chance of securing your place in a residency session. Check the listing below for updated information on availability.
Artists will be given large individual studios (minimum of 16 x 30 feet) in the historical factory. As well, artists interested in working outdoors are encouraged to take advantage of the 20-acre property which includes wooded areas, pasture, and abandoned architectural remnants. The environment is a mix of industrial and natural — nestled in a quaint central Ohio town. In the evenings, artists gather around a communal table to discuss their work and exchange ideas.
2020 Session Dates and Priority Application Deadlines:
- June 7 – 20, 2020 (Open until filled)
- July 19 – Aug 1, 2020 (Application Deadline March 1, 2020)
- Aug 16 – 29, 2020 (Application Deadline April 1, 2020)
- Sept 13 – 26, 2020 (Application Deadline May 1, 2020)
Required Application Materials:
- Artist Statement
- 10 images with descriptions or portfolio website
- Statement of your interest in attending Open Wabi
- Application Fee: $25 (non-refundable)
- Cost: $750 Private Room (Air-conditioned & Half-bath) / $650 Private Cabin (Non-Air-conditioned) / $500 Camping
- Deposit: $250 deposit due 21 days after acceptance to lock in a reservation