Apply for Residency
Open Wabi seeks to bring together a diverse group of artists, working in any medium, interested in furthering their personal practice and networking with other artists from around the world.
There are no specific educational requirements to apply. Awards will be made to those, who in the exclusive opinion of the jury, have submitted the best work. Apply by the priority deadline date to increase the chance of securing your place in a residency session. Check the listing below for updated information on availability.
Artists will be given large individual studios (minimum of 16 x 30 foot) in the historical factory. As well, artists interested in working outdoors are encouraged to take advantage of the 20-acre property which includes wooded areas, pasture, and abandoned architectural remnants. The environment is a mix of industrial and natural — nestled in a quaint central Ohio town. In the evenings, artists gather around a communal table to discuss their work and exchange ideas.
2017 Session Dates and Deadlines:*
- Apr 30 – May 13 (Filled)
- Jun 11 – Jun 24 (1 private room available)
- Jul 23 – Aug 05 (2 private rooms, 1 shared room available)
- Aug 27 – Sep 09 (1 private room available)
*Camping is available for all sessions.
Required Application Materials:
- Artist Statement
- 10 images with descriptions
- Statement of your interest in attending Open Wabi
- Application Fee: $25
- Cost: $750 Private Room / $550 Shared Room or Camping
- Deposit: $250 Deposit Upon Acceptance